Catholic Nonfiction by Kathleen M. Basi
I returned to the Beatitudes, focusing specifically on them for adults, with this book:
Selected Short Nonfiction:
- “Traveling With A Child With Down syndrome,” for She Gets Around, in Twist Travel Magazine, Issue 7.
- Contributor to Fathers For Good, Knights of Columbus
- Midwest contributor for Pit Stops For Kids family travel site
- “From Beauty Queen to NFP Mom” (interview with Angela Baraquio, Miss America 2001), in Family Foundations, vol. 40, Number 1, July-Aug. 2013
- “Religious Vocations: How the NFP Lifestyle Opens The Door,” (2nd place, 2012 Catholic Press Association, Best Coverage of Religious Vocations to the Priesthood, Diaconate & Religious Life)
- “Just Live It,” column for Liguorian magazine. (Winner: 2012 Catholic Press Association Best Regular Column – Spiritual Life)
- Contributions to Chicken Soup For The Soul: The Power of Gratitude (2016); Chicken Soup For the Soul: Here Comes the Bride (2012); and Chicken Soup For The Soul: New Moms (2011).
- “Resourceful by nature,” in Family Foundations, vol. 38, No. 2 September/October 2011. Reprinted in The Catholic Missourian, vol. 55 no. 13, Oct. 28, 2011. (Honorable Mention, 2012 Catholic Press Association Best Feature Article category for Professional and Special Interest magazines)
- “Dairy Genius” (profile), in Family Foundations, Vol. 38, no. 2, September-October 2011.
- “Full Immersion Baptism” (essay), in Family Foundations, Vol. 38, no. 1, July-August 2011. (2nd place, 2012 Catholic Press Association Best Essay in a Professional & Special Interest Magazine)
- “Getting It Done When There’s No Time To Do It,” WOW! Women on Writing, June 2011.
- “The Advent of Christmas: A Holiday and a Holy Day Blend Sacred and Secular,” in Liguorian, vol. 98, no. 10 (Dec. 2010).
- “Working For Dad,” on NPR’s All Things Considered, June 18, 2010.
- “From Hallmark to Reality,” Family Foundations, Vol. 36, No. 4 (January/February 2010).
- “An Open Letter to New Mothers,” Family Foundations, Vol. 36, No. 3 (November/December 2009).
- “Not My Plan,” The Family Digest, Vol. 61 No. 2, January/February 2009
- “What the O Antiphons Teach Us About Our Faith,” Religion Teacher’s Journal, Vol. 42:6, November/December 2008.
- “Source and Summit of Frustration,” AIM Liturgy Resources, Fall 2008. Published by World Library Publications (www.wlpmusic.com)